Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
The audio revolution is here - and iHeart is leading it! iHeartMedia, the number one audio company in America, reaches 90% of Americans every month -- a monthly audience that's twice the size of any other audio company - almost three times the size of the largest TV network - and almost 4 times the size of the largest ad-supported music streaming service. In fact, we have:
- More #1 rated markets than the next two largest radio companies combined;
- We're the largest podcast publisher, with more monthly downloads than the second- and third-largest podcast publishers combined. Podcasting, the fastest-growing new media, today has more monthly users than streaming music services or Netflix;
- iHeart is the home of many of the country's most popular and trusted on-air personalities and podcast influencers, who build important connections with hundreds of communities across America;
- We create and produce some of the most popular and well-known branded live music events in America, including the iHeartRadio Music Festival, the iHeartRadio Music Awards, the iHeartCountry Festival, iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina and the iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Tour;
- iHeartRadio is the #1 streaming radio digital service in America;
- Our social media footprint is 7 times larger than the next largest audio service; and
- We have the only complete audio ad technology stack in the industry for all forms of audio, from on demand to broadcast radio, digital streaming radio and podcasting, which bring data, targeting and attribution to all forms of audio at an unparalleled scale. As a result, we're able to combine our strong leadership position in audience reach, usage and ad tech with powerful tools and insights for our sales organizations to help them build success for their clients at a more efficient cost than any other option.
Because we reach almost every community in America, we're committed to providing a range of programming that reflects the diversity of the many communities we serve - and our company reflects that same kind of diversity. Our company values stress collaboration, curiosity, welcoming dissent, accepting mistakes in the pursuit of new ideas, and respect for everyone.
Only one company in America has the #1 position in everything audio: iHeartMedia!
If you're excited about this role but don't feel your experience aligns perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At iHeartMedia we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace and are looking for teammates passionate about what we do!
What We Need:
Creates, produces and announces topics on the radio, including music, entertainment, news, weather, sports, traffic and other topics of interest. Also responsible for social media interaction, and curation and growth of personal and station profiles and assets.
What You'll Do:
- Hosts on-air shifts for KYLD; may include regular Saturday and Sunday shows. Additionally, host shifts as assigned for CHR Custom.
- Hosts on-air shifts for KYLD as needed/on-call for fill for Monday thru Friday shifts including midday, PMD, and evenings.
- Comments on music, pop culture, local information, and other matters of interest to the audience (e.g. weather traffic conditions, etc.) and may interview music personalities and members of the listening audience.
- Regulates programing timing, operates syndicated programming, plays and accounts for commercials.
- May be responsible for operating control boards in studio for remote or pre-recorded content or programming.
- Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from control rooms.
- Protects the station's license by censoring live programming and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air.
- May be responsible for conducting shows remotely.
- Participates in promotional events
- Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates, Emergency Alert System testing, etc.)
- Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune with the local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions
- Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
- Well-rounded communication skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar
- Exceptional social media skills
- Proficient in media production and broadcast systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and social networking
- Large or major market professional experience preferred but not required
What You'll Need:
What You'll Bring:
Salary to be determined by multiple factors including but not limited to relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and alignment with market data.
$18.07 - $18.50
San Francisco, CA: 340 Townsend St, Floors 4 and 5, 94107
iHeartMedia's benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
- Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options (employees meeting ACA measurement)
- A 401K plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost - services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
- A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
We are accepting applications for this role on an ongoing basis.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Click Here to learn about the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .
Non-Compete will be required for certain positions and as allowed by law.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
- Live Broadcast
- Social Media Experience
- On-Air Programming