Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
The audio revolution is here - and iHeart is leading it! iHeartMedia, the number one audio company in America, reaches 90% of Americans every month -- a monthly audience that's twice the size of any other audio company - almost three times the size of the largest TV network - and almost 4 times the size of the largest ad-supported music streaming service. And we were just recognized as one of the Top Media Sales Organizations by The Myers Report!
In fact, iHeart has: More #1 rated markets than the next two largest radio companies combined;
- We're the largest podcast publisher, with more monthly downloads than the second- and third-largest podcast publishers combined. Podcasting, the fastest-growing new media, today has more monthly users than streaming music services or Netflix;
- iHeart is the home of many of the country's most popular and trusted on-air personalities and podcast influencers, who build important connections with hundreds of communities across America;
- We create and produce some of the most popular and well-known branded live music events in America, including the iHeartRadio Music Festival, the iHeartRadio Music Awards, the iHeartCountry Festival, iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina and the iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Tour;
- iHeartRadio is the #1 streaming radio digital service in America;
- Our social media footprint is 7 times larger than the next largest audio service; and
- We have the only complete audio ad technology stack in the industry for all forms of audio, from on demand to broadcast radio, digital streaming radio and podcasting, which bring data, targeting and attribution to all forms of audio at an unparalleled scale. As a result, we're able to combine our strong leadership position in audience reach, usage and ad tech with powerful tools and insights for our sales organizations to help them build success for their clients at a more efficient cost than any other option.
Because we reach almost every community in America, we're committed to providing a range of programming that reflects the diversity of the many communities we serve - and our company reflects that same kind of diversity. Our company values stress collaboration, curiosity, welcoming dissent, accepting mistakes in the pursuit of new ideas, and respect for everyone.
Only one company in America has the #1 position in everything audio: iHeartMedia!
If you're excited about this role but don't feel your experience aligns perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At iHeartMedia we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace and are looking for teammates passionate about what we do!
What We Need:
Have you considered working for the #1 Audio Company, not just in Indianapolis or even Indiana but, in the entire country? iHeartMedia is the #1 Audio Company in the US reaching 9 out of 10 Americans every month!
You know iHeart for our amazing concerts and podcasts as well as our national and local personalities! iHeartMedia Columbia is looking for dynamic professionals to join our team! Have a sense of what it takes to win? If you want to grow your career, can move at the speed of light and still have fun - Well then, we want to talk to you.
Being the #1 Audio Company in the country, we offer much more than radio advertising! As a Vice President of Sales with iHeartMedia, you have the capability to lead a team of Account Executives to sell the most innovative and inclusive broadcast and digital marketing tools. You'll have all of these tools at your fingertips to sell locally from the Columbia and surrounding areas plus you'll be able to represent over 160 markets across the country representing over 850 diverse iHeartMedia radio stations.
What You'll Do:
- Manages local Account Executives with goal of meeting/exceeding station revenue, prospecting and new business targets.
- Oversees advertising sales activities in assigned market; is accountable for achieving/ exceeding targeted advertising sales revenues for the market and for controlling sales expenses.
- Drives results through others, manages team performance and holds team accountable against business metrics.
- Translates market and station business strategies into specific actions to generate sales and revenue.
- Directs sales activities and processes that generate new business and deepen existing relationships.
- Sets sales goals and guides subsequent goal-setting processes.
- Prepares budgets and revenue forecasts.
- Obtains, allocates and adjusts operations resources to achieve sales and service goals.
- Oversees management of available advertising inventory to drive most profitable sales.
- Meets with key accounts.
- Recruits, hires and ensures ongoing training and development of Account Executives.
- Goes on sales calls and conducts in-field coaching to develop Account Executives.
- May review and adjust sales territories, product mix targets and assigned call lists.
- May direct other functions such as marketing, advertising, production, traffic and sales operations.
What You'll Need:
- Strong understanding of broadcasting, marketing, promotion, and collection standards
- Proven ability to grow new business and find new revenue opportunities
- Excellent leadership and coaching ability; can successfully coach others in sales practices
- Deep understanding of local markets, customers, and competitors in order to target needs and drive sales
- Can create productive, long-term customer relationships.
- Adept as entrepreneurial self-starter
- Excellent ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task
- Can push self and others to achieve and excel in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent business and people decision-making skills
- Can model positive energy and handle stress in the face of challenges, deadlines and financial pressures
- Flexibility and creativity
- Excellent communication and influencing skills across multiple groups
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaboration with others
What You'll Bring:
- Respect for others and a strong belief that others should do this in return
- Accountability for sales results
- Understanding of the business and how own area integrates with others to achieve sales goals
- Strong understanding of broadcast, marketing, promotion and collection standards
- Judgement to resolve customer and employee operational problems; critical thinking skills to understand the broader impact across the organization
- Leadership skills to increase performance of the sales organization
- Communication skills to succinctly convey information, set performance expectations and handle sensitive issues
- Active listening skills with the ability to guide and influence others to adopt a broader point of view
- Positive energy and the ability to manage stress and serve as a model for others in the sales practice
- Skills to successfully coach and develop sellers
- Comfort interacting with individuals of all levels
Columbia, SC: 316 Graystone Blvd, 29210
iHeartMedia's benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
- Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options
- Company provided and supplemental life insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid company holidays, including a floating holiday that enable our employees to celebrate the holiday of their choosing
- A Spirit day to encourage and allow our employees to more easily volunteer in their community
- A 401K plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost - services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
- A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
We are accepting applications for this role on an ongoing basis.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Non-Compete will be required for certain positions and as allowed by law.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
- Live Broadcast
- Revenue Generation
- New Business