Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
The audio revolution is here – and iHeart is leading it! iHeartMedia, the number one audio company in America , reaches 90% of Americans every month -- a monthly audience that’s twice the size of any other audio company – almost three times the size of the largest TV network – and almost 4 times the size of the largest ad-supported music streaming service. In fact, we have:
More #1 rated markets than the next two largest radio companies combined;
We’re the largest podcast publisher , with more monthly downloads than the second- and third-largest podcast publishers combined. Podcasting, the fastest-growing new media, today has more monthly users than streaming music services or Netflix;
iHeart is the home of many of the country’s most popular and trusted on-air personalities and podcast influencers , who build important connections with hundreds of communities across America;
We create and produce some of the most popular and well-known branded live music events in America, including the iHeartRadio Music Festival, the iHeartRadio Music Awards, the iHeartCountry Festival, iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina and the iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Tour;
iHeartRadio is the #1 streaming radio digital service in America;
Our social media footprint is 7 times larger than the next largest audio service; and
We have the only complete audio ad technology stack in the industry for all forms of audio , from on demand to broadcast radio, digital streaming radio and podcasting, which bring data, targeting and attribution to all forms of audio at an unparalleled scale. As a result, we’re able to combine our strong leadership position in audience reach, usage and ad tech with powerful tools and insights for our sales organizations to help them build success for their clients at a more efficient cost than any other option.
Because we reach almost every community in America, we’re committed to providing a range of programming that reflects the diversity of the many communities we serve – and our company reflects that same kind of diversity. Our company values stress collaboration, curiosity, welcoming dissent, accepting mistakes in the pursuit of new ideas, and respect for everyone.
Only one company in America has the #1 position in everything audio: iHeartMedia!
If you’re excited about this role but don’t feel your experience aligns perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At iHeartMedia we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace and are looking for teammates passionate about what we do!
What We Need:
iHeartMedia is seeking a dynamic sales and business development leader in Phoenix to take the multi-media and entertainment sales team and revenue to the next level.
What You'll Do:
· Proactively identify, develop, coach, and manage Sales Manager direct reports (and sales force via the SMs) and support their selling activity
· Drive results through SM team and hold them accountable to business metrics, expectations of meeting/exceeding individual and team revenue goals, prospecting and new business development
· Act as a primary ‘go-to’ for all sales related issues that cannot be resolved at the sales management level
· Oversee advertising sales activities in assigned market; is accountable for achieving/ exceeding targeted advertising sales revenues for the market and for controlling sales expenses
· Translate market business strategies into specific actions to generate sales and revenue
· Direct sales activities and processes that generate new business and deepen existing relationships
· Set sales goals and guide subsequent goal-setting processes
· Prepare budgets and revenue forecasts
· Accurate forecasting on a monthly and quarterly bases
· Actively participate in business & community associations with the intension of developing extensive relationships with local influencers and decision makers
· Obtain, allocate and adjust operations resources to achieve sales and service goals
· Oversee management of available advertising inventory to drive most profitable sales
· Develop and manage key relationships with decision markers at current and potential clients to grow revenue across iHeartMedia platforms (e.g., Broadcast radio, Podcast, Streaming Audio, Digital, Social, iHeartRadio, Live Events, etc.)
· Work directly with CEOs, CMOs, Business Owners, Media Planners and other key media decision makers to uncover opportunities to drive revenue and build new relationships
· Recruit, hire and ensure ongoing training and development of Account Executives
· Go on sales calls and conduct in-field coaching to develop Managers and Account Executives
· Review and evaluate account performance and re-assign as needed to maximize account relationship and revenue retention and growth.
· Direct and collaborate with other departments across the market organization such as marketing, programming, production, traffic and sales operations
What You'll Need:
Strong understanding of broadcasting, audio, digital, event and multi-media marketing, and promotions.
Proven ability to grow new business and find new revenue opportunities
Excellent leadership and coaching ability; can successfully coach others in sales practices
Deep understanding of local markets, customers, and competitors in order to target needs and drive sales
Ability to create productive, long-term customer relationships
Scrappiness to be an entrepreneurial self-starter
Excellent ability to organize, prioritize, and multi task
Leadership to push self and others to achieve and excel in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Excellent business and people decision-making skills
Model positive energy and handle stress in the face of challenges, deadlines and financial pressures
Flexibility and creativity
Excellent communication and influencing skills across multiple groups
Excellent interpersonal skills and collaboration with others
5+ years sales management experience in media industry with proven track record of success
4-year College degree preferred
What You'll Bring:
Respect for others and a strong belief that others should do this in return
Accountability for sales results
Understanding of the business and how own area integrates with others to achieve sales goals
Strong understanding of broadcast, marketing, promotion and collection standards
Judgement to resolve customer and employee operational problems; critical thinking skills to understand the broader impact across the organization
Leadership skills to increase performance of the sales organization
Communication skills to succinctly convey information, set performance expectations and handle sensitive issues
Active listening skills with the ability to guide and influence others to adopt a broader point of view
Positive energy and the ability to manage stress and serve as a model for others in the sales practice
Skills to successfully coach and develop sellers
Comfort interacting with individuals of all levels
Phoenix, AZ: 4686 E. Van Buren Street, Suite 400, 85008
iHeartMedia’s benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options
Company provided and supplemental life insurance
Paid vacation and sick time
Paid company holidays, including a floating holiday that enable our employees to celebrate the holiday of their choosing
A Spirit day to encourage and allow our employees to more easily volunteer in their community
A 401K plan
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost – services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Non-Compete will be required for certain positions and as allowed by law.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
- Live Broadcast
- Revenue Generation
- New Business