At DAX, we’re focused on connecting advertisers, brands and agencies with publishers of the world’s best audio content.
DAX is a pioneering digital audio advertising exchange connecting brands with audiences at scale across music, radio and podcasts. Advertisers on DAX can reach more than 108 million listeners through impactful formats, smart targeting and award-winning effectiveness tools. Premium publishers on DAX in the United States include TuneIn, Microsoft, Voxnest, AccuRadio, and many more.
DAX was created by Global, the Media & Entertainment Group, and it launched in the UK in 2014. DAX launched in the U.S. in 2017 and in Canada in 2018.
We are looking for an outstanding Sales Director to join our team in New York. We’re looking for someone with a deep interest and passion for online media and innovation. This role requires a high standard of programmatic knowledge, strong media agency and trading desk contacts, and a clear grasp of the digital landscape. We need someone who knows how to sell creative solutions for clients and partners. You should be confident without ever being arrogant and you work hard but know how to have fun. Above all, your work will contribute to the growth of the broader digital audio space.
What you’ll do:
- Sell Programmatic and Direct audio advertising, content sponsorships, and other ad space to grow advertising revenues by creating, maintaining, and sustaining relationships with media agencies and clients directly
- Work in person and virtually to develop relationships with our existing clients in your territory and establish new relationships that will lead to new business for DAX US
- Work in person and virtually across multiple agency departments, i.e., radio, digital, branded content, and innovation teams, to deliver successful campaigns.
- Work with assigned Agency Trading Desks (ATDs) to procure programmatic revenue for the audio channel.
- Coordinate with the communications planning team and strategic planners, account directors, and buyers to create successful ad campaigns.
- Partner with Account Management and Operations – including monitoring daily campaign performance – to optimize investment and escalate any issues when applicable.
- Focus on brand sell, educating and inspiring our clients to use DAX to enhance their business.
- Meet and exceed advertising revenue goals.
- Represent DAX at events and serve as a company ambassador.
- Manage activity using DAX approved tools.
- Hybrid work – both in our Midtown Manhattan office and from home
Who you are:
- You have at minimum a bachelor’s degree.
- You have 5+ years of experience in audio, media, which must include 2+ in programmatic sales.
- You have a legal, unexpired driver's license.
- You have knowledge of online and offline media and can be creative with audio and digital client solutions.
- You have contacts at clients and agencies.
- You have strong negotiation skills and the ability to present effectively and close the deal.
- You can build a pipeline and proven track record of exceeding goals.
- You have dexterity in creating reports and presentations using Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, Google Docs, etc.
- You have a deep understanding of the audio and digital ecosystem.
- You are a team player, smart, adapt well with change and have a positive attitude.
- You are legally authorized to work in the United States
- You are comfortable in a hybrid setting and can commute to the job’s location.
Expected base salary for this full-time mid-senior level position is in the range of $125,000 to $150,000 and will depend on your skills, qualifications, and experience. This position will also be part of DAX's sales commission plan. This is a business development and sales role in the Marketing & Advertising Industry – specifically audio, digital and programmatic.
- Employer paid medical insurance for employee-only with a variety of coverage options.
- Dental and vision plan also available
- Employer-paid Group Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) as well as supplemental insurance can be purchased by employee.
- Paid vacation, sick and personal time
- A company calendar of generous paid holidays including half day summer Fridays and Summer Floating Fridays
- Volunteer hours to promote and support our employees’ involvement in a cause that matters to them.
- 401k plan
- Employer paid full access to the Headspace website and app.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at reduced or no cost covering a variety of areas including mental health, child and eldercare referrals, financial and personal legal issues and more.
- Paid parental leave.
Various additional benefits ranging from commuter benefits, adoption assistance, and health savings accounts, to name a few.
Fields of study
- Marketing / Sales
Required degree level
Years of experience
- 5 - 10 years of experience
- $125,000.00 to $150,000.00 per year
- Educating Clients
- Programmatic Advertising
- Knowledge of Digital Media
- Advertising Sales
- Sales - Business-to-Business
- Account Management - Sales