Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
The audio revolution is here - and iHeart is leading it! iHeartMedia, the number one audio company in America, reaches 90% of Americans every month -- a monthly audience that's twice the size of any other audio company - almost three times the size of the largest TV network - and almost 4 times the size of the largest ad-supported music streaming service. In fact, we have:
- More #1 rated markets than the next two largest radio companies combined;
- We're the largest podcast publisher, with more monthly downloads than the second- and third-largest podcast publishers combined. Podcasting, the fastest-growing new media, today has more monthly users than streaming music services or Netflix;
- iHeart is the home of many of the country's most popular and trusted on-air personalities and podcast influencers, who build important connections with hundreds of communities across America;
- We create and produce some of the most popular and well-known branded live music events in America, including the iHeartRadio Music Festival, the iHeartRadio Music Awards, the iHeartCountry Festival, iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina and the iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Tour;
- iHeartRadio is the #1 streaming radio digital service in America;
- Our social media footprint is 7 times larger than the next largest audio service; and
- We have the only complete audio ad technology stack in the industry for all forms of audio, from on demand to broadcast radio, digital streaming radio and podcasting, which bring data, targeting and attribution to all forms of audio at an unparalleled scale. As a result, we're able to combine our strong leadership position in audience reach, usage and ad tech with powerful tools and insights for our sales organizations to help them build success for their clients at a more efficient cost than any other option.
Because we reach almost every community in America, we're committed to providing a range of programming that reflects the diversity of the many communities we serve - and our company reflects that same kind of diversity. Our company values stress collaboration, curiosity, welcoming dissent, accepting mistakes in the pursuit of new ideas, and respect for everyone.
Only one company in America has the #1 position in everything audio: iHeartMedia!
If you're excited about this role but don't feel your experience aligns perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At iHeartMedia we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace and are looking for teammates passionate about what we do!
What We Need:
We're seeking an experienced Broadcast Transmission Engineer to maintain our digital broadcasting electronic systems
What You'll Do:
- Maintain overall digital broadcasting electronic systems and related equipment for optimum transmission/broadcast performance
- Maintain traditional radio and digital broadcasting electronic systems and equipment, including, but not limited to, RF switchers, transmitters, transceivers, studio consoles and associated audio equipment
- Respond to equipment outages, malfunctions and related technical problems
- Conduct routine diagnostic testing, repair and replacement of all equipment used for radio station broadcasts
- Assist clients, fellow technicians and service personnel in the installation, training and support of software, hardware and related third party peripheral components, including, but not limited to, file servers, commercial grade workstations, networking switches, NICs, monitors, KVMs and radio equipment
- Document equipment maintenance, repair and replacements
- Make decisions about test equipment, parts and related tools needed for use in maintenance and repair
- Install, maintain and support desktop computer equipment for internal users as well as company-owned sites within market
- Periodic travel to other iHeartMedia locations to assist in equipment installation or troubleshooting
- Occasional night and weekend work is expected and must be on-call and available to respond 24-7
- Service oriented work requiring excellent written and oral communication, as well as daily and personable interaction with executive management, programming and sales departments
What You'll Need:
- Previous radio broadcast experience is required
- Associate degree or greater in a technical field or equivalent experience is required
- SBE certification is a plus
- Ability to climb ladders, work in small spaces and have the ability to lift 50 pounds
- Valid state driver's license and an excellent driving record
- Self-management to effectively prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new initiatives and innovations
- Strong communication, organization, and documentation skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve to produce productive and positive results
What You'll Bring:
- Respect for others and a strong belief that others should do this in return
- Full proficiency and understanding of job function
- Open communication with colleagues and direct reports that encourages collaboration and team consensus
- Strong problem solving skills
- Efficiency with independent work under minimal guidance
- Commitment to process improvement for overall team effectiveness
- Professional communication that stresses diplomacy, empathy and patience
Milwaukee, WI: 12100 W Howard Ave, 53228
iHeartMedia's benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
- Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options
- Company provided and supplemental life insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid company holidays, including a floating holiday that enable our employees to celebrate the holiday of their choosing
- A Spirit day to encourage and allow our employees to more easily volunteer in their community
- A 401K plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost - services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
- A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Non-Compete will be required for certain positions and as allowed by law.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
- Live Broadcast
- Identifying Problems