PT Traffic Reporter - Assignment Editor - Helicopter Photog
Total Traffic + Weather Network
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
The audio revolution is here - and iHeart is leading it! iHeartMedia, the number one audio company in America, reaches 90% of Americans every month -- a monthly audience that's twice the size of any other audio company - almost three times the size of the largest TV network - and almost 4 times the size of the largest ad-supported music streaming service. In fact, we have:
- More #1 rated markets than the next two largest radio companies combined;
- We're the largest podcast publisher, with more monthly downloads than the second- and third-largest podcast publishers combined. Podcasting, the fastest-growing new media, today has more monthly users than streaming music services or Netflix;
- iHeart is the home of many of the country's most popular and trusted on-air personalities and podcast influencers, who build important connections with hundreds of communities across America;
- We create and produce some of the most popular and well-known branded live music events in America, including the iHeartRadio Music Festival, the iHeartRadio Music Awards, the iHeartCountry Festival, iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina and the iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Tour;
- iHeartRadio is the #1 streaming radio digital service in America;
- Our social media footprint is 7 times larger than the next largest audio service; and
- We have the only complete audio ad technology stack in the industry for all forms of audio, from on demand to broadcast radio, digital streaming radio and podcasting, which bring data, targeting and attribution to all forms of audio at an unparalleled scale. As a result, we're able to combine our strong leadership position in audience reach, usage and ad tech with powerful tools and insights for our sales organizations to help them build success for their clients at a more efficient cost than any other option.
Because we reach almost every community in America, we're committed to providing a range of programming that reflects the diversity of the many communities we serve - and our company reflects that same kind of diversity. Our company values stress collaboration, curiosity, welcoming dissent, accepting mistakes in the pursuit of new ideas, and respect for everyone.
Only one company in America has the #1 position in everything audio: iHeartMedia!
If you're excited about this role but don't feel your experience aligns perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At iHeartMedia we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace and are looking for teammates passionate about what we do!
What We Need:
Total Traffic & Weather Network (TTWN) has an immediate opening for a part time utility player in the Miami Fort-Lauderdale area!
This position covers a variety of skills to play a fill-in and supporting role for us. Responsibilities include: reporting traffic on TV and Radio Stations at our new Pembroke Pines Studios, assignment editing and producing traffic data into our GPS & Navigation apps, dispatching our helicopter to news and traffic stories for our television partners, and flying in and operating our helicopter camera (Photog).
A flexible schedule including, split shifts, early mornings late nights, weekends and holidays is required.
If you have a background in some of the skills above you are encouraged to apply, we can train and help you develop the rest! We're looking for outgoing, self-motivated, detail oriented, and flexible people. You will work in a fast-paced, challenging, and friendly environment.
** In addition to applying please send an MP3 demo or voice memo of your voice to TTWNMiamiJobs@TTWNetwork.com **
What You'll Do:
• Focuses on providing timely and useful information to commuters planning their drives to and from work, as well as to those already en route by maintaining contact with external sources of information or by observing traffic from air or land vehicle.
• Announces the latest accidents and traffic delays.
• Reads traffic reports, commercials, and public service messages to listeners on the radio from a variety of in-take sources; canvasses local, state and national traffic news to determine significance and prioritization.
• Identifies, researches, and creates copy regarding traffic to feature during on-air shift; finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
• Manages gathered information keeps all the facts straight, makes sure details are accurate and current and tracks any changes.
• Gathers and provides coverage for stations in multiple cities/locations.
• Maintains crucial deadlines in order to provide traffic updates in a timely fashion.
• May be required to report live on location from helicopters, to paint a visual picture (bird's eye view) by looking out of helicopter window.
• Gather information from local traffic resources including our TTWN Helicopter, and post to websites and social media including, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and more.
• Assignment Editor style responsibilities as a producer, dispatching the Helicopter, entering traffic information into our GPS Apps, and fielding phone calls from our Television partners.
• Requires flexibility in work schedules including, split shifts, holidays, weekends, early mornings, late evenings, storm coverage and more.
What You'll Need:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, social networking platforms and audio production software.
• Traffic experience including a working knowledge of major Florida cities Including Miami, Fort-Lauderdale, West Palm Beach & Orlando is preferred.
• Pleasant, charismatic, and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Previous Audio, Radio, Podcast, Television, Voiceover experience preferred.
• Adept at working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, newsroom environment.
• Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar
• Strong attention to detail, following up until issues are resolved
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• Understanding of police scanners, a plus
• Bilingual talents are a plus and encouraged to apply, please send a demo of all your proficient languages .
What You'll Bring:
- Respect for others and a strong belief that others should do this in return
- Full proficiency and understanding of job function
- Open communication with colleagues and direct reports that encourages collaboration and team consensus
- Strong problem solving skills
- Efficiency with independent work under minimal guidance
- Commitment to process improvement for overall team effectiveness
- Professional communication that stresses diplomacy, empathy and patience
Pembroke Pines, FL: 1200 SW 145th Ave, Suite 350, 33027
iHeartMedia's benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
- Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options (employees meeting ACA measurement)
- A 401K plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost - services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
- A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
We are accepting applications for this role on an ongoing basis.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Non-Compete will be required for certain positions and as allowed by law.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
- Live Broadcast
- Social Networking