Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
The audio revolution is here - and iHeart is leading it! iHeartMedia, the number one audio company in America, reaches 90% of Americans every month -- a monthly audience that's twice the size of any other audio company - almost three times the size of the largest TV network - and almost 4 times the size of the largest ad-supported music streaming service. In fact, we have:
- More #1 rated markets than the next two largest radio companies combined;
- We're the largest podcast publisher, with more monthly downloads than the second- and third-largest podcast publishers combined. Podcasting, the fastest-growing new media, today has more monthly users than streaming music services or Netflix;
- iHeart is the home of many of the country's most popular and trusted on-air personalities and podcast influencers, who build important connections with hundreds of communities across America;
- We create and produce some of the most popular and well-known branded live music events in America, including the iHeartRadio Music Festival, the iHeartRadio Music Awards, the iHeartCountry Festival, iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina and the iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Tour;
- iHeartRadio is the #1 streaming radio digital service in America;
- Our social media footprint is 7 times larger than the next largest audio service; and
- We have the only complete audio ad technology stack in the industry for all forms of audio, from on demand to broadcast radio, digital streaming radio and podcasting, which bring data, targeting and attribution to all forms of audio at an unparalleled scale. As a result, we're able to combine our strong leadership position in audience reach, usage and ad tech with powerful tools and insights for our sales organizations to help them build success for their clients at a more efficient cost than any other option.
Because we reach almost every community in America, we're committed to providing a range of programming that reflects the diversity of the many communities we serve - and our company reflects that same kind of diversity. Our company values stress collaboration, curiosity, welcoming dissent, accepting mistakes in the pursuit of new ideas, and respect for everyone.
Only one company in America has the #1 position in everything audio: iHeartMedia!
If you're excited about this role but don't feel your experience aligns perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At iHeartMedia we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace and are looking for teammates passionate about what we do!
What We Need:
Leads all aspects of radio station's on-air experience in a leadership and operations role, responsible for talent, content, programming, and online presence.
What You'll Do:
- Reviews and determines all commercial and paid programming content; schedules programming in conformance with FCC rules and regulations, company policy and applicable federal, state, and local laws; protects station license.
- Plans and oversees tone, programming, production, sound & theme, website, online presence, and social media.
- Collaborates with Production and seeks options that meet editorial scope.
- Identifies, recruits, and provides coaching to on-air talent, producers, news anchors, and reporters, e.g., frequently listens/airchecks sessions with on-air talent,
- Provides direction to talent and audio engineer on content
- Partners with Market President, Senior Vice President of Programming, Programming and Sales in support of local and corporate business goals to increase market share, listeners, ratings, advertiser satisfaction, and revenue while aligning programming fit with client, station, and audience; creates talent and station marketing, promotion, and image campaigns.
- Determines and maintains creative vision for station(s) to enhance station image and visibility within the community.
- Evaluates programming available from distributors, syndicators, and independent producers to recommend acquisitions for broadcast.
- Ensures staff has taken/passed/maintained all company programs, plans, and training (e.g., RBI, Payola/Plugola).
- Prepares and manages Programming and News Department budget on a yearly, quarterly, and monthly basis.
- Establishes and maintains professional relationships with producers and other industry contacts.
- Handles all payables according to company policy and in a prompt fashion.
What You'll Need:
- Extensive knowledge of FCC broadcast rules and regulations; knowledge of federal, state and local contesting rules and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to use tools to gather and analyze ratings data, make business decisions based on analysis; sound judgment and quality decision-making skills
- Extensive knowledge of Diary data analysis; working knowledge of RCS products including NexGen
- Knowledge and appreciation of excellent on-air performance, familiarity with radio programming.
- Excellent on air news/talk skills with the ability to step in and perform news writing, reporting, anchoring or talk show host responsibilities as needed.
- Excellent team leadership and delegation skills, including motivation of staff; can set goals & expectations, provide honest feedback and manage performance
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High degree of planning and organizing skills; can multi-task and meet specific deadlines
- Flexible, creative, and innovative in using technology to deepen listener relationships
- Ability to think both tactically and strategically
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others
- Superior oral and written communication skills; excellent grammar; can adjust communications style based on audience needs
- Entrepreneurial and assertive in meeting goals
- Ability to influence others, inspire innovation and ensure a client focus
- Prior experience directing and managing a team
- Experience with local formats preferred
- Prior experience as a broadcaster, in news and talk formats.
- Prior experience as a Program Director or Assistant Program Director preferred
- 4-year college degree preferred
- None required
What You'll Bring:
- Respect for others and a strong belief that others should do this in return
- Demonstrated initiative and achievement-oriented leadership
- Ability to delegate tasks and manage others effectively, especially in times of complexity or conflict
- Growth mindset and desire for continued knowledge sharing and learning
- Understanding of impact of own work and your team's outcomes
- Business insights that contribute to meeting organizational objectives
- Ability to solve technical and operational problems and troubleshoot in a timely manner
- Ability to identify and support new opportunities for continued improvement across business
- Comfort interacting with individuals of all levels
- Effective communication skills and the ability to build team trust
- Ability to influence others to adopt a broader point of view
Salary to be determined by multiple factors including but not limited to relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and alignment with market data.
$62,400 - $78,000
Rochester, NY: 1700 HSBC Plaza, 100 Chestnut St, 14604
iHeartMedia's benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
- Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options
- Company provided and supplemental life insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid company holidays, including a floating holiday that enable our employees to celebrate the holiday of their choosing
- A Spirit day to encourage and allow our employees to more easily volunteer in their community
- A 401K plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost - services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
- A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
We are accepting applications for this role on an ongoing basis.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Non-Compete will be required for certain positions and as allowed by law.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
- Live Broadcast
- News Reporting
- Identifying Problems