Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
The audio revolution is here - and iHeart is leading it! iHeartMedia, the number one audio company in America, reaches 90% of Americans every month -- a monthly audience that's twice the size of any other audio company - almost three times the size of the largest TV network - and almost 4 times the size of the largest ad-supported music streaming service. In fact, we have:
- More #1 rated markets than the next two largest radio companies combined;
- We're the largest podcast publisher, with more monthly downloads than the second- and third-largest podcast publishers combined. Podcasting, the fastest-growing new media, today has more monthly users than streaming music services or Netflix;
- iHeart is the home of many of the country's most popular and trusted on-air personalities and podcast influencers, who build important connections with hundreds of communities across America;
- We create and produce some of the most popular and well-known branded live music events in America, including the iHeartRadio Music Festival, the iHeartRadio Music Awards, the iHeartCountry Festival, iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina and the iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Tour;
- iHeartRadio is the #1 streaming radio digital service in America;
- Our social media footprint is 7 times larger than the next largest audio service; and
- We have the only complete audio ad technology stack in the industry for all forms of audio, from on demand to broadcast radio, digital streaming radio and podcasting, which bring data, targeting and attribution to all forms of audio at an unparalleled scale. As a result, we're able to combine our strong leadership position in audience reach, usage and ad tech with powerful tools and insights for our sales organizations to help them build success for their clients at a more efficient cost than any other option.
Because we reach almost every community in America, we're committed to providing a range of programming that reflects the diversity of the many communities we serve - and our company reflects that same kind of diversity. Our company values stress collaboration, curiosity, welcoming dissent, accepting mistakes in the pursuit of new ideas, and respect for everyone.
Only one company in America has the #1 position in everything audio: iHeartMedia!
If you're excited about this role but don't feel your experience aligns perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At iHeartMedia we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace and are looking for teammates passionate about what we do!
What We Need:
The Ellen K Morning Show is a top ranked morning show in LA with a very strong track record for iHeart Media.
We are looking for a morning show producer with creative vision for both on-air programming and digital content for the Ellen K Morning Show. This producer will manage the production process for both live and recorded radio programs, podcasting, and the EKMS digital landscape.
An ideal candidate must be proficient in audio and video editing and have a strong knowledge of podcasting. Solid experience in creating social content on all platforms is a must, plus understanding how to lead successful cross-platform projects from start to finish. Experience with Nexgen and Adobe Audition is preferred.
What You'll Do:
- Help produce the top-rated Ellen K Morning Show (EKMS) and nationally syndicated Ellen K Weekend Show (EKWS)
- Create daily on-demand content, daily EKMS and weekly EKWS podcasts, morning show blogs
- Social and video content creator for EKMS and KOST 103.5
- Produce, edit, and distribute content (visual, video, text) that is optimized for social platforms, specifically (Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Facebook)
- Expand and grow EKMS/KOST podcast and digital-audio lane
- Handle EKMS phones/contesting
- Edits and approves EKMS/KOST social posts for accuracy, audience relevance, and tone, including real-time decision-making at various stages of content development
- Maintains commanding knowledge of the latest social media trends and best practices
- Analyzes performance of social content and incorporate insights into future content decisions
- Undertakes key administrative responsibilities as well as assists in planning and producing live and/or pre-recorded radio shows and feature productions.
- Generates original ideas, identifies suitable ideas from others, and carries out thorough research.
- Monitors listener emails, inquiries and responses related to shows.
- Uses various broadcasting technologies such as soundboards and editing/production software.
- Assists with time-keeping, saving show recordings, archiving show files and post-production editing as directed.
- May work the board for pre-recorded or live shows.
What You'll Need:
- Ability to generate original ideas, and to think creatively about how to communicate them to audiences; has comprehensive knowledge of subjects relevant to the KOST 103.5 (Mainstream AC) brand and Ellen K Morning Show
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills; ability to tailor and adapt content for different audiences and platforms
- Ability to quickly edit video and audio for use of on-air, podcast or digital
- Advanced knowledge in pop culture, music, and Los Angeles/SoCal lifestyle
- Knows how to use a variety of recording, production and editing equipment and to operate different radio studios
- Minimum of 2 years of experience using audio, video and photo editing software (e.g. Nexgen, Adobe Audition, Photoshop, Premiere)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and ALL social networking platforms; including the know-how and execution across TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, complemented by diplomacy, empathy and patience
- Ability to build rapport and draw information from people
- Has confidence and tenacity to pursue information, overcome obstacles and pitch ideas to senior colleagues
- Stress tolerance: ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure, and to react quickly to changes
- Ability to plan and organize, set priorities, multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Full knowledge of the law, rules and industry regulations around radio production; knows when it is necessary, and how to acquire, relevant clearances and licenses
- Possess excellent editorial/content judgment and verbal/written communication skills
Work Experience and Requirements
- 3+ years' experience as radio producer in a major market
- 4-year college degree, preferably in Radio or Media Production
- None required
What You'll Bring:
- Respect for others and a strong belief that others should do this in return
- Ability to work within prescribed guidelines without needing close supervision
- Problem solving skills within established procedures
- Understanding of when to seek guidance for unforeseen problems
- Close attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to act in a professional manner and collaborate with colleagues of different levels
Salary to be determined by multiple factors including but not limited to relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and alignment with market data.
$23.08 - $28.85
Burbank, CA: 3400 West Olive Avenue, Suite 550, 91505
iHeartMedia's benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
- Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options
- Company provided and supplemental life insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid company holidays, including a floating holiday that enable our employees to celebrate the holiday of their choosing
- A Spirit day to encourage and allow our employees to more easily volunteer in their community
- A 401K plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost - services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
- A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
We are accepting applications for this role on an ongoing basis.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Non-Compete will be required for certain positions and as allowed by law.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
- Live Broadcast
- Social Media Experience
- Content Development