General Sales Manager, Cedar Rapids, IA (LOCAL company)
KZIA, Inc., is looking for a General Sales Manager. KZIA is a women-owned small business in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, that includes Z102.9, 1600ESPN, X107.5, SmartFM and CI Digital Group. You’ll work to inspire, mentor and hold accountable the current sales team of multi-media account executives, as well as recruit, train and motivate new members of the team. You'll also show leadership by example through selling and developing new business.
KZIA currently has a legendary script writer and production department, as well as a full-time administrative guru who helps to manage the details. KZIA is active with promotions and events, so the community sees the Z102.9 team and logo everywhere. KZIA is devoted to doing the right thing for our clients and listeners. We limit commercial inventory for the benefit of listeners and clients.
The perfect candidate will have:
- A history of outside sales success and sales management success
- Broadcasting experience; sports experience is a bonus
- In-depth knowledge of marketing and advertising principles
- A strong history of sales leadership, revenue growth strategy and accountability
- An understanding of radio advertising best practices, like traffic/billing, CRM, political advertising regulations, etc.
- The ability to recruit, train and motivate a sales team with strategic plans, role play exercises and ideas.
- Excellent presentation skills
This is primarily an in-person position, as networking and face-to-face client calls are essential. A bachelor’s degree or higher preferred. Drivers’ license, automotive insurance and a background check are required.
E-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com by February 23rd at noon.
KZIA, Inc., is an EOE.
Years of experience
- 5 - 10 years of experience
- Entertainment and Sports Sales
- Outside Sales
- Sales Management