Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
The audio revolution is here - and iHeart is leading it! iHeartMedia, the number one audio company in America, reaches 90% of Americans every month -- a monthly audience that's twice the size of any other audio company - almost three times the size of the largest TV network - and almost 4 times the size of the largest ad-supported music streaming service. In fact, we have:
- More #1 rated markets than the next two largest radio companies combined;
- We're the largest podcast publisher, with more monthly downloads than the second- and third-largest podcast publishers combined. Podcasting, the fastest-growing new media, today has more monthly users than streaming music services or Netflix;
- iHeart is the home of many of the country's most popular and trusted on-air personalities and podcast influencers, who build important connections with hundreds of communities across America;
- We create and produce some of the most popular and well-known branded live music events in America, including the iHeartRadio Music Festival, the iHeartRadio Music Awards, the iHeartCountry Festival, iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina and the iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Tour;
- iHeartRadio is the #1 streaming radio digital service in America;
- Our social media footprint is 7 times larger than the next largest audio service; and
- We have the only complete audio ad technology stack in the industry for all forms of audio, from on demand to broadcast radio, digital streaming radio and podcasting, which bring data, targeting and attribution to all forms of audio at an unparalleled scale. As a result, we're able to combine our strong leadership position in audience reach, usage and ad tech with powerful tools and insights for our sales organizations to help them build success for their clients at a more efficient cost than any other option.
Because we reach almost every community in America, we're committed to providing a range of programming that reflects the diversity of the many communities we serve - and our company reflects that same kind of diversity. Our company values stress collaboration, curiosity, welcoming dissent, accepting mistakes in the pursuit of new ideas, and respect for everyone.
Only one company in America has the #1 position in everything audio: iHeartMedia!
If you're excited about this role but don't feel your experience aligns perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At iHeartMedia we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace and are looking for teammates passionate about what we do!
What We Need:
Full time on-air host for DC101, DC's Alternative Rock.
What You'll Do:
• Performs news, talk, music, comedic or other format shows or program for broadcast entertainment.
• Establishes relationship with listeners by providing entertainment and/or information of interest consistent with format, genre, and targeted demographic audience.
• Interviews guests, moderates debates, converses with callers, and hosts live events.
• Adheres to all guidelines, policies and procedures of the station, iHeatMedia, the FCC and all other federal, state and local laws, including policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
• Prepares for an air shift using creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting on-air material.
• Ensures logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the stations operation are aired.
• Maintains a website personality page.
• Participates in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
• Makes regular approved appearances at station events; serves as ambassador for the radio station(s) when out in public.
• Executes only the interviews and events on air that are approved by Program Director; follows designated show format.
• Assists with voice over and production of paid and non-paid spots required to run on the station.
• Serves as primary creative voice and directs support staff of show.
• Researches and gains knowledge of subject matter that facilitates speaking extemporaneously and providing immediate non-scripted analysis/commentary.
• Finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
• Prepares written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs, or other social media platforms.
• Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
• Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates and breaking stories, emergencies, alert system tests, etc.); is on call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking
• Proficient in media production and broadcast systems; familiar with NexGen, Vox Pro, and Pro Tools
• Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
• Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune daily with the local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions
• Demonstrated upbeat personality, informative, entertaining and engaging on the air; able to relate to station audience
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills; proficient in grammar; ability to make others feel comfortable and open up on air
• Demonstrated creativity and imagination
• Able to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities
• Can work well in a team environment; collaborative
• Able to adapt to changes in schedules and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines
• May require other language proficiency, e.g., Spanish
• 3+ years of on-air radio experience required
• Audio demo of on-air interviews, commentary, announcements, etc.
• 4-year college degree, preferably in Communications or Broadcast Journalism
• None required
What You'll Need:
What You'll Bring:
Rockville, MD: 1801 Rockville Pike, 4th Floor, 20852
iHeartMedia's benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
- Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options
- Company provided and supplemental life insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid company holidays, including a floating holiday that enable our employees to celebrate the holiday of their choosing
- A Spirit day to encourage and allow our employees to more easily volunteer in their community
- A 401K plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost - services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
- A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
We are accepting applications for this role on an ongoing basis.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Non-Compete will be required for certain positions and as allowed by law.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
- Live Broadcast
- Social Networking