Total Traffic + Weather Network
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
The audio revolution is here - and iHeart is leading it! iHeartMedia, the number one audio company in America, reaches 90% of Americans every month -- a monthly audience that's twice the size of any other audio company - almost three times the size of the largest TV network - and almost 4 times the size of the largest ad-supported music streaming service. In fact, we have:
- More #1 rated markets than the next two largest radio companies combined;
- We're the largest podcast publisher, with more monthly downloads than the second- and third-largest podcast publishers combined. Podcasting, the fastest-growing new media, today has more monthly users than streaming music services or Netflix;
- iHeart is the home of many of the country's most popular and trusted on-air personalities and podcast influencers, who build important connections with hundreds of communities across America;
- We create and produce some of the most popular and well-known branded live music events in America, including the iHeartRadio Music Festival, the iHeartRadio Music Awards, the iHeartCountry Festival, iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina and the iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Tour;
- iHeartRadio is the #1 streaming radio digital service in America;
- Our social media footprint is 7 times larger than the next largest audio service; and
- We have the only complete audio ad technology stack in the industry for all forms of audio, from on demand to broadcast radio, digital streaming radio and podcasting, which bring data, targeting and attribution to all forms of audio at an unparalleled scale. As a result, we're able to combine our strong leadership position in audience reach, usage and ad tech with powerful tools and insights for our sales organizations to help them build success for their clients at a more efficient cost than any other option.
Because we reach almost every community in America, we're committed to providing a range of programming that reflects the diversity of the many communities we serve - and our company reflects that same kind of diversity. Our company values stress collaboration, curiosity, welcoming dissent, accepting mistakes in the pursuit of new ideas, and respect for everyone.
Only one company in America has the #1 position in everything audio: iHeartMedia!
If you're excited about this role but don't feel your experience aligns perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At iHeartMedia we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace and are looking for teammates passionate about what we do!
What We Need:
Total Traffic & Weather Network Tampa (TTWN) is looking for a part-time bilingual on-air talent and producer/utility player that can do it all!
Candidate must be able to provide a broadcast English and Spanish presentation. Please include both an English and Spanish demo in the application.
Just some of the tasks we are looking for include reporting traffic on TV & Radio, producing traffic info into our database, flying in our helicopter, and operating the camera (photog), live streaming and producing social media content for our brands on Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and more!
This is a great way to get started with TTWN and iHeartRadio. Our candidate must be flexible, able to work early mornings or late nights on weekdays and weekends, as well as some overnights, holidays, split-shifts, and be ready for last-minute call-ins.
Is this you? Apply today!
**For FAST consideration apply then send a demo and resume to "website of your choice".
What You'll Do:
- Our candidate must be flexible, able to work early mornings or late nights on weekdays and weekends, as well as some overnights, holidays, split-shifts, and be ready for last-minute call-ins.
- You need to have the ability to deliver broadcast quality English reports for both TV and radio stations.
- Monitor police and fire scanners, websites, local news, and dispatch pages for incidents that affect traffic and contact local agencies to confirm info.
- Monitor social media (Twitter, Instagram, etc) for real time traffic related content.
- Respond to traffic tip line calls, and DM's.
- Manage gathered information: keep all the facts straight, makes sure details are accurate, current and track any changes.
- Dispatch our traffic helicopter to accidents and newsworthy stories.
- Fly in our traffic helicopter and operate the camera.
- Assist anchors with how they present the current traffic information to listeners on air.
- Monitor and maintain a list of upcoming roadwork, events, parades, protests, anything that will affect traffic.
- This position is located at our Clearwater Broadcast Studios - 13577 Feather Sound Drive.
- This position can be hybrid based on operational needs.
What You'll Need:
- Knowledge of local coverage area geography and roadways, mass transit and traffic patterns
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, "newsroom-like" collaborative environment
- Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be willing to work split shifts; 4 hours in AM Drive, 4 hours in PM Drive
- Must be willing to work weekends
- Previous on-air broadcast experience
- College degree is preferred but not required
What You'll Bring:
- Respect for others and a strong belief that others should do this in return
- Full proficiency and understanding of job function
- Open communication with colleagues and direct reports that encourages collaboration and team consensus
- Strong problem solving skills
- Efficiency with independent work under minimal guidance
- Commitment to process improvement for overall team effectiveness
- Professional communication that stresses diplomacy, empathy and patience
Clearwater, FL: 13577 Feather Sound Dr, 6th Floor, 33762
iHeartMedia's benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
- Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options (employees meeting ACA measurement)
- A 401K plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost - services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
- A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
We are accepting applications for this role on an ongoing basis.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Non-Compete will be required for certain positions and as allowed by law.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
- Bilingual - English and Spanish
- Live Broadcast
- Identifying Problems